Monday 23 July 2012

Missing You

12th July came and 12th July went. I thought about it before it arrived but remembered it again only after it had passed. It has been 5 years since Jeannie passed away and it is the first time I had overlooked her death anniversary on the day itself. Does this mean I miss her any less? Perhaps so, I don't really know but miss her we still do. But something odd has been happening the last couple of months.

On numerous occasions during that time, I have woken up to find my wedding ring missing from my finger and on the bed (sometimes on the floor!). 


I would have unconsciously (subconsciously?) taken it off during the night and it has happened a few times even when I was in Jakarta where I have had to go rather often recently. Luckily, I have always been conscious quite immediately that the ring was not on my finger and recovered it before some stranger found it. Was I trying to tell myself something or is it Jeannie? I don't think I will ever know the real answer but to be safe, I now keep the ring in a secure place just in case.

No comments: