Thursday 25 October 2007

Remembering Jeannie - Videos from the Past (1)

I have a sizeable collection of home videos, especially pre-2005 when Jeannie was not yet reluctant to be captured on video. She always felt she did not look good on video and even more so after she became unwell. While I have not been able to find the time to edit and convert most of them for upload to the Net, there are a few "ready" ones on my hard disk.

Going through these videos for my previous post on our enjoyable times at COBRA, brought back loads of memories. I would like to share some of them here in a new series of posts, starting with this winning karaoke performance by multi-talented Jeannie. "Looking Through The Eyes Of Love" by Melissa Manchester was one of her favourite numbers.

It is a pity that I have not got many of her karaoke sessions on video. Singing was her passion; some of the most endearing memories I have are of her belting away with her Shure mike and BMB speakers at home and her greatest fan, Prince Cheah by her side. I can swear that if you closed your eyes when Jeannie sang some Theresa Teng numbers, you would not be able to tell them apart.

No comments: