Tuesday 23 October 2007

Some Videos: Our Times With COBRA (The Combined Old Boys Rugby Association)

After more than a month of RWC, we now have the COBRA 10s this weekend at PJ Stadium, Kelana Jaya. Good tournament to watch. This is after all the premier rugby tens tournament in the world.



COBRA Club was for a few years (the mid-90s till about 2004) a large part of Jeannie's and my social life. Jeannie loved a good party. It was only because of her detioterating health that we stopped being regulars at the club. We had so many great moments there and our "COBRA family" remains till today.

I am glad the last COBRA 10s tournament Jeannie attended in 2004, she was at the head of the COBRA contingent during the march past. The video must be somewhere around. Nevertheless, do check out the following videos; they are worth more than words:

FIJI PLAYERS SOCIAL NITE

17TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT COBRA 2003

Anniversary Speech

I was just thinking of Saturday and wondered what I would say if asked to make a speech. What would I say indeed?

One thing’s for sure, there is so much that I could say about us that most of those present can already see; yet there is nothing I can say that will ever show them the true love we share and the relationship that we have.

There are those who wonder why we have chosen to celebrate a 17th wedding anniversary. I find this interesting because it is a natural tendency to measure a relationship in terms of the numbers of years clocked. I suppose it is all a matter of perspective.

Ours has always been one of a countdown rather than of notching the years. A conscious decision we made to cherish and relish our remaining years together has enhanced our relationship and defined our marriage. Every anniversary we share reduces the number of anniversaries we have left; yet we are happy. We are happy to have found each other, we are happy to be together, we are happy to walk together.

My darling, you are to me more precious than life. If given a choice between immortality without you, and counting down years together with you. I would choose the finite.

Happy anniversary my Darling. May the years we have left be more than the 17 wonderful years we have shared as "US".

JJ AT THE 2000 COBRA TENS


2001 COBRA ANNUAL DINNER-COBRA LINE DANCERS

....to be continued

No comments: