I got up early today feeling rather glum. I would like to say it was inexplicably so but I can't. Needing a quick fix I remembered an unopened email from my old friend Eddy Foong Kuan Yoong in my inbox entitled "Nice & Humorous"........... so now I am less glum. Have read those jokes before but anyway.....
Joke number (5) takes the cake; it describes the very attitude rampant in Malaysia today which made me feel glum in the first place! Coincidence? I know better!!
(1) What did the gangster's son tell his dad when he failed his examination?
"Dad, they questioned me for 3 hours, but I never told them anything !!"
(2) What's the difference between people who pray in church and those who pray in casinos?
The ones in the casinos are serious.
(3) A little boy went up to his father and asked:
"Dad, where did all of my intelligence come from?"
His father replied :
"Well, son, you must have gotten it from your mother, because I still have mine."
(4) Paul's teacher sent a note home to his mother, saying:
"Paul seems to be a very bright boy, but spends too much of his time thinking about girls."
The mother wrote back the next day:
"If you find a solution, please advise. I have the same problem with his father!"
(5) When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.